Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bridge and River


Tiber River
Rome, Italy
November 2008

Canon Rebel XT
Focal Length 25
Aperture 10
Shutter 1/1600
ISO 400

For this picture I had been walking around and wasn't paying much attention to my settings.  If I was able to set the shutter to 1600, I clearly could have shot at a lower ISO.  I could have went to an ISO (exposure) of 100 and kept a fast shutter.  Surely above 1/320.  Then I probably could have closed the aperture a bit as well giving me a greater depth of field.  I shot this around mid-day.  If you had the patience, it would look best about 30 minutes before the sun goes down.  If you brought a tripod you could get a crystal clear, even looking image.  You could set your ISO to 100 and set your shutter and aperture as slow as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment