Thursday, May 17, 2012

Using the Reduce Noise Function in Photoshop

For this photo I had a noisy look that I wanted to get rid of.  Filter > Noise > Reduce Noise.  I used 0 for the preserve details slider and 10 for the strength slider.  I lost much of the photos definition but gave it a soft rich look with and soft colors.


Fountain
Place de la Concorde, Paris, France
October 2008

Canon Rebel XT
Focal Length 11
Aperture 22
Shutter 10 sec.
ISO 400

Not a huge difference, except for the discerning eye perhaps.


This is the original without any retouching.  I don't mess around with the white balance because you can just adjust it in one quick easy step in post production.  In Aperture 2.0 I use the slider under the adjustments tab.  The original had too much of a orange look to it due to the types of light sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment